title

title

Monday 16 April 2018

Game 179: Vyros2 vs Goreshade3


Game 179 – Vs Glen Wareing – Cryx – 15/04/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Goreshade, Lord of Ruin (Dark Host)
-Kraken
Wraith Engine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Darragh Wrathe
Machine Wraith
Machine Wraith
Necrotech
Max Bane Riders
Max Bane Warriors
-Officer & Standard Bearer

Unfortunately having driven down from Manchester for the event the final round saw me up against a fairly regular opponent in Glen. More Cryx practice can’t hurt though. His pair doesn’t have Vyros’ Scourge of the Broken Coast Kryptonite, so I drop him, and we have a cavalry caster off as Glen drops Goreshade3. I win the roll to go first and we get moving.

Vyros’ first turns feel very pleasingly automatic at this point. Arcanist units power up Griffons, Griffons Fleet and Run, other 3 jacks get up the table behind them and Vyros casts Deceleration and gets into range of a load of Shield Guards. The only difference in this game is that the Artificer puts up Force Barrier, when I normally don’t bother turn 1, but I wanted to protect Sylys and the 3 Arcanists from any rogue blasts from the Kraken.



Glen puts out Infernal Machine onto the Kraken before it moves up and shoots its gun, dealing decent damage to an Aspis. The rest of the forces move up, Glen offering me a single Bane Rider to force me forwards and positioning the Bane Warriors fairly aggressively, with Occultation on the unit to prevent my minimal shooting.

Glen has made a minor error with his positioning and it gives me an opportunity to get Imperatus to Goreshade. I build Synergy with 3 Griffons before sending him in, Side-Stepping twice off a Bane Warrior and taking the caster out with 3 bought attacks.



VICTORY

One of my favourite things about Vyros is that the smallest mistake can easily lose my opponent the game, in this case it was a single Bane Warrior giving me a route in, and there aren’t many casters in the game that can take Imperatus with 3 Focus. I finished the event 4th on 2-1, which I was pretty pleased with after a rough round 1. I likes Elara as a pair, but need to get a feel for the meta in terms of what I need to cover most

No comments:

Post a Comment