title

title

Friday 6 April 2018

Game 168: Vyros2 vs Haley3


Game 168 – Vs Jake Wilstrop – Cygnar – 25/03/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Major Prime Victoria Haley (Gravediggers)
-Ironclad
-Thorn
Captain Maxwell Finn
Commander Anson Hitch
Patrol Dog
Ragman
Trench Buster
Trench Buster
Alexia Ciannor & The Risen
Max Trencher Commandos
-Officer
Min Trencher Infantry
-Rifle Grenadier
-Rifle Grenadier
Max Trencher Long Gunners
-Officer

My final game of the weekend saw me face off against a second WTC captain of the day, this time Jake playing Haley3. I’ve had success with Vyros2 into Haley3 in the past, and hoped that it would be good enough to carry me to victory against a top player. Jake won the roll to go first and we got moving.

With the cloud wall not being of too much use because of Bird’s Eye Jake’s first turn is pretty simple. Pop out both Echoes, put up Tactical Supremacy on the Infantry, and get up the table. The Trenchers get up aggressively on the right flank with the Long Gunners on the left taking up a position with good shooting lanes.

With a central forest I can largely choose a side to push on and just prepare to contest the other. I push up towards the Commandos, keeping close to allow for spreading damage with Shield Guards. Deceleration is put up and Vyros puts the Dog on a Tough Check with his gun, which is unfortunately passed.



Jake goes in heavily with the Commandos, but due to misplaced Prey and some bad dice he doesn’t kill either of the Griffons that he went for. The Infantry Cloud Wall up and reposition back, and the Long Gunners run up into position.



The Jacks power up and remove all the models that came into me with a couple pushing deeper to contest Jake’s zone and remove a decent number of the Trencher Infantry. Vyros Feats and we both score our flags to start the scoring at 1-1.



The next wave of Trenchers come in and remove 3 of my lights, allowing me 3 Feat moves. An early Feat move puts Imperatus into range of charging the objective and Side-Stepping into Haley, so his turn has to slightly adjust to protect against that. Jake scores his own flag and left zone to move into a 3-1 lead.



I am pretty low on clock at this point so picture taking falls apart. Vyros needs to get involved now so after a few lights clear out the new wave of infantry he charges to the centre of the table to take out Past Haley, before repositioning to a position where it is difficult for the Ironclad to get to me. Imperatus takes out Thorn and we both score our flags for a 4-2 score.

Jake doesn’t think he can kill Vyros despite his aggressive position, but doesn’t need to in order to win the game. He needs to score 3 to win and so works on destroying the objective, but the dice go a bit cold and he fails to take it out. He deals some additional attrition damage and moves 6-2 ahead.

I have only about 90 seconds left but Vyros is in range of Haley. I build Synergy before Imperatus takes out the blocking Haley Future and Trench Buster. Vyros charges through and I clock as the Impact attack kills Ragman.

DEFEAT



We play the assassination out and Vyros pretty comfortably takes Haley out. We were playing 50 minute deathclocks for this event due to time issues, and so I am pretty satisfied with how this game went. I didn’t play perfectly, as I probably feared the Long Gunners too much, but I’m pretty confident that this Vyros list can handle Haley3, which is far more important than the actual result of the game. A rough weekend results wise but I’m pleased with the games I had, and have a lot to think about in terms of a final list pair. Vyros2 will be part of it for sure, but what needs to go with him is still unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment