title

title

Friday 6 April 2018

Game 167: Rahn vs Gaspy1


Game 167 – Vs Ryan Evans – Cryx – 25/03/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr

His List:
Iron Lich Asphyxious (Scourge of the Broken Coast)
-Barathrum
-Nightwretch
-Nightwretch
Misery Cage
Satyxis Raider Captain
Saxon Orrik
Max Satyxis Blood Witches
-Hag
Min Satyxis Blood Witches
-Hag
Max Satyxis Raiders
-Sea Witch
Mac Satyxis Raiders
-Sea Witch
Satyxis Gunslingers

Day 2 of the practice event saw the attendees split into 8 man steamrollers. Unfortunately I was only going to be able to play 2 games but was hoping to get a couple of good games in. Game 1 saw me play the captain of one of England’s WTC teams, so a good start. He was playing Gaspy1 in the Satyxis theme and I really didn’t have a great answer to it. I went for Rahn in hope that an opportunity would come up. Ryan won the first turn and we got moving.

Gaspy casts Scything Touch onto Barathrum, before all of his troops run up the board. Both Raider units pray for Force Barrier and the smaller Witches unit prepares to Ambush on later in the game.

I need to try and force the Satyxis to pray for Pathfinder next turn so that they can be damaged by blast damage, so both AFGs are TK’d up the board before advancing and firing out 2 AOEs each. The positioning of them is decent but not incredible, and Saxon is in Ryan’s list to solve the issue on one unit. Other than that my right unit of Halberdiers get Polarity Shield and I generally get up the table to prepare for the Alpha.



I didn’t prepare enough. The Blood Witches ambushed on and were able to start enough in the back arc of the right AFG to charge and take it out with the application of Dark Shroud. One of the Halberdier units is Parasited and between Breaths of Corruption with extras from Gaspy’s Feat, shots from the Gunslingers and attacks from the Satyxis I lose an awful lot of Halberdiers, and face a massive uphill struggle to get back into the game.



I try to get some work done in response but the Cryx forces are so far across the table and I’ve taken so much damage that I can’t really get too much done. I do cripple Barathrum and leave him knocked down and disrupted, and take out a few Satyxis especially on the left, but I can’t get close enough to contest Ryan’s flag so I go 1-0 down.



No real two ways to put this. Ryan kills everything and scores all the zones to win 5-0 on scenario.



DEFEAT

A pretty rough experience this. With Vyros2 and this list I really had nothing that I could drop into it, and add to that going second on as live a scenario as Spread the Net and it was always going to be difficult. I don’t understand why the Satyxis theme isn’t played more often, and I’m going to have to look really hard at my pair to try and find a solution. It may even end up being Vyros 2. The Feedback and Chain Weapon aspects get through a lot of my tricks, but I would definitely have felt more in the game than I did here. May well be one to try in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment