title

title

Friday 23 March 2018

Game 162: Vyros2 vs Reznik2


Game 162 – Vs Adam Cort – Protectorate of Menoth – 21/03/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages (The Creator’s Might)
-Hierophant
-Repenter
-Repenter
-Repenter
-Repenter
-Scourge of Heresy
Vessel of Judgment
The Convenant of Menoth
Vassal Mechanik
Vassal Mechanik
Wrack
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard
Max Idrian Skirmishers
-Chieftain & Guide
Max Choir of Menoth

With Menoth making a bit of a comeback in the meta now I felt that it was time to get a few practice games in against them. I met with Adam for a couple of games, knowing that I was going to drop Vyros2 into whatever he wanted to play into me. First up was a Reznik2 list with a load of Repenters backed up with some heavy hitters. The flails were the biggest worry in this game as they ignore the Shield bonus that Griffons rely on for survival. I won the first turn and we got moving.

It has been a little while since I’ve played this list but nothing has changed much. Vyros casts Deceleration and gets up the table, before all the Griffons do Fleet runs to get to the edge of the Idrians’ charge ranges. Lanyssa moves up on the left to loiter around my flag.



Adam gets his forces up the table, being careful not to put any of his important pieces into threat range. The Idrians put 2 CRAs into my jacks, dealing decent damage to a Griffon and an Aspis. Death March is cast onto the Idrians and Lamentation put up by Reznik himself.



There are models in my threat ranges, so time to go in, kill what I can, and Feat to make Adam’s next turn a bit more difficult. I build Synergy with Vyros and a couple of jacks on the Idrians before firing Griffons into Repenters. I don’t have great dice and only destroy one of them, leaving 2 others on a handful of boxes. I’m going to take a load of damage next turn but should have enough left to power through the game.



As predicted, Adam strikes back and gets a pretty decent amount of work done. Two griffons on the right and one on the left are taken out by Repenters, some shooting and charges from the Honor Guard, but I am able to manoeuvre my Aspises to stop him getting to any of the further back Griffons. The last couple of Feat moves see Vyros and Imperatus move into position for next turn. Lanyssa scores my flag for a 1-0 lead.

I’ve lost a bit but still have plenty left in the tank. The Covenant is aggressively positioned with no spells up so using my Arcanists on the right is impossible. Once again I build Synergy on the lowest hanging fruit, with a nice Quick Work shot from Vyros finishing off one of the damages Repenters. I then start on his more important pieces, and by the end of the turn have finished off all the Repenters, Scourge of Heresy (thanks to some pretty insane dice) the Covenant and both Honor Guard. I score 2 points to move to 3-0, and as we still have the chance for another game Adam concedes.



VICTORY

Nothing too important to note in this one, as some lists, this one included, just don’t have enough beef and hitting power to get through Vyros, letting his efficient Jacks do their thing. Going first is a huge deal in this matchup and definitely helped out and gave me the opportunity to score points safely on my flag. Next up, Harbinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment