title

title

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Game 160: Rahn vs Vlad1


Game 160 – Vs Jonny Jennings – Khador – 17/03/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr

His List:
Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Prince (Winter Guard Kommand)
-Marauder
-Marauder
-Marauder
Winter Guard Gun Carriage
Winter Guard Gun Carriage
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
Min Winter Guard Infantry
Min Winter Guard Rifle Corps
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
Min Winter Guard Rifle Corps
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
Winter Guard Mortar Crew
Winter Guard Mortar Crew
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew

It seems to be tradition at tournaments now that I end up playing Jonny at some point. Sadly I didn’t have my usual Khador drop of Kaelyssa and so decided to try Rahn out to test him into this kind of match up. Jonny was expecting Vyros and so dropped Vlad1. Jonny won the roll to go first and we get moving.

No frills from Jonny on turn 1 as he just runs his forces up the table, keeping Vlad safely behind the central cloud. The two Gun Carriages flanked hard on each side with the jacks in the centre around Vlad.



I’m going to have to get up the table and face at least one turn of gunfire so I may as well get it over with. The AFGs move up and are TK’d firing AOE shots towards the Winter Guard but with limited success. The Halberdiers go into Shield Wall and move up in pairs. The rest of my army moves up behind to see what opportunities come up next turn.



The Khador forces shoot into my Halberdiers and deal an impressive amount of damage. By the end of the turn I am down to 4 Halberdiers in the left unit and 5 in the right as well as being able to scalpel out Eiryss. Jonny’s Marauders fan out to threaten a wide portion of the table.



I’ve lost a lot of infantry so need to strike back hard to stay in the game. Thankfully in order to get shots off Jonny has clumped up his Winter Guard on the right, so the AFG opens fire and essentially removes the unit. On the left a few Momentum shots remove the Mortar and some further Riflemen. 4 Halberdiers then charge the left Marauder under Team Effort, spiking some huge damage to leave just its movement left.



Jonny continues shaving away my forces, taking out more Halberdiers, my objective, and my Chimera. There isn’t much to say about Jonny’s turns; he has guns and he shoots them at me, that’s really all there is to it. He scores the objective and right zone for a 2-0 lead.



I start out the turn looking to continue the attrition before getting a real slice of luck. I Force Hammer the back Marauder over Vlad, getting such a distance that the least disturbance rule pushed Vlad slightly forwards towards me, and knocked down. A TK on Vlad and Joe left him in range of the AFGs with only 1 Sac Pawn target. The AFGs opened fire leaving Vlad on just a single box, and me looking around my army for any more shots I could take. With an advance and Zephyr I could get Lynus’ Gun in range, and he rolls the 6 for damage needed to take Vlad down.



VICTORY

Not a good match up for my Rahn list. Just too many high quality guns to destroy my Halberdiers leaving my AFGs and Rahn far too much work to do. Without the lucky slam into Vlad I would have just been ground out, so this is one I need to be careful of in the future. Still, I have somehow got through to the final of the SR, where more Khador awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment