title

title

Friday 2 February 2018

Game 139: Vyros2 vs Lylyth3

Game 139 – Vs Mark Eillis – Legion of Everblight – 1/2/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight (Oracles of Annihilation)
-Angelius
-Angelius
-Angelius
-Angelius
-Naga Nightlurker
-Seraph
Blighted Nyss Sorceress & Hellion
The Forsaken
The Forsaken
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Feralgeist
Blackfrost Shard

After over 25 games with an almost identical Vyros2 list I am finally making a revolutionary change to it. I have dropped the Magister for Lanyssa. Exciting times. There is a lot more Legion around a bit less TK so feel that the brute force of added threat is more useful than the subtler tricks of the Magister. I may be wrong but time will tell. I played against Mark who wanted to try out the armour cracking ability of his 4 Angelius Lylyth3 build. I won the first turn and we got moving.

I have got a lot better recently at positioning my jacks and Arcanists to allow efficient Fleet-Runs at the start of the game. I get my forces far up the table, projecting threat well into the zones. I don’t position Lanyssa particularly well, she should probably have been further forward. Vyros puts up Deceleration to protect against whatever shooting may come my way.



Mark feels pretty bad about the game already, but still out-threats me pretty significantly with his Angelii. He moves up under Battle Host ad puts a couple of shots into my jacks. The Blackfrost Shard run up to try and keep me back away from the Angels.



I have the opportunity to get 2 Griffons into Angels and if I can do enough damage there then I can potentially get right up in the game. I build Synergy with Griffons on the right and by killing the Blackfrost Shard before firing in 2 Griffons, killing 1 and a half Angelii. Had I not misplaced Lanyssa first turn there would have been no reason I couldn’t have got free charges on them, probably resulting in both Angels being dead. Vyros stays safe and Feats, and I see how Mark can respond.



The game largely becomes “can an Angelius one-round a Griffon”, and unfortunately for Mark the answer is largely no. The first one on the left is healed by the objective, and after a huge Armour Piercing attack roll takes out the shield is able to destroy one. On the right it is worse for Mark though. Lacklustre Armour Piercing attacks mean that the rest are al dice-4, and can’t crack though to kill the light jacks. Mark concludes that the situation is hopeless and concedes the game.



VICTORY


When a 17 point heavy can’t kill an 8 point light things are always going to be difficult, and Mark found that in this case, leaving him very far back on attrition. I always try to look for what I can do better when I win, and aside from the Lanyssa mistake, I am left wondering whether I even should have gone in on the Angels. Had I just advanced up and feated Mark would have had to come into me, allowing a much easier job next turn of building up the Synergy and killing the Angels. Either way another nice win with the list, though nothing particularly learnt about the list tweak.

1 comment: