title

title

Thursday 21 December 2017

Game 123: Rahn vs Crosse2

Game 123 – Vs Mark Duxbury – Mercenaries – 17/12/17

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
-Manticore
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
House Shyeel Battle Mages
Max Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters

His List:
Lieutenant Cross, Resistance Fighter (Llaelese Resistance)
-Reinholdt, Gobber Spectacular
-Mariner
-Mariner
-Rover
Major Harrison Gibbs
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage
Elish Garrity, The Occultist
Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Max Exemplar Errants
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Holy Zealots
-Monolith Bearer
Thorn Gun Mages
Dannon Blythen & Bull

Round 3 and I am up against Mark Duxbury, running the new Merc caster Gastonne2 alongside Damiano. Despite one of his lists having Elish I thought that both of his lists would have a really hard time protecting against a Rahn run, and my opponent admitted to not having played him before, so I dropped Rahn into Gastonne. Mark wanted to pick table sides so I went first and we got moving.

I had put Polarity Shield on the Phoenix, but with the Errants having Assault on my right I realised I needed it more over there, so switched it to the Manticore. I TK the other 3 heavies and run everything else up the table.



Gastonne puts up Dauntless Resolve onto the Zealots and Lifebound onto the Errants and runs up. Some of the Errants Assault into my infantry, but needing 8s to hit only one Nyss goes down. Kraye moves up into the AOE of rubble. Rhupert makes the Errants Tough and Elish back up behind them.



The Phoenix can run up to a point where he can Force Hammer Taryn into Gastonne, knocking him down and killing Taryn and Reinholt. The Battle Mages move up and start firing spells at the caster, killing him on the 4th attack.



VICTORY


Mark had never faced Rahn before and it showed. Elish was separated from the caster and should have been protecting him from the Battle Mage pushes. As it was the assassination wasn’t too difficult to find and really highlights how tough the Rahn game is for somebody who hasn’t seen it before. I move to 2-1 in the event and go into the last round with a chance of scraping together a decent result

No comments:

Post a Comment