title

title

Monday 11 September 2017

Game 93: Vyros2 vs Amon

Game 93 – Vs Ben de Bosdari – Menoth – 10/09/17

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
High Allegiant Amon As-Raza (The Creator’s Might)
-Hierophant
-Vigilant
-Dervish
-Dervish
-Dervish
-Dervish
-Crusader
-Crusader
-Indictor
-Reckoner
Covenant of Menoth
Vassal of Menoth
Vassal of Menoth
Vassal Mechanik
Vassal Mechanik
Wrack
Max Choir of Menoth
Min Choir of Menoth

First game of day 2 and I’m still in a good position to go 5 and 2, but have Ben in my way with his Menoth. The matchup feels very list chickeny but I think we end up with a reasonably even game of Amon vs Vyros2. Synergy vs Synergy. Ben wins the roll to go first which feels super-bad and we get moving.

Amon starts with Synergy on himself and Fortify on the Indictor. The jacks run up under Mobility and the Choir run up as they don’t need to do any prayers on the jacks this turn.

This game feels very much like the game against Coven round 3. I need to take the alpha strike but have to limit how much he can get in. I move up to a position where 3 Dervishes and the Reckoner can get into me, but the Crusaders are out of range. I Feat with Amon to try and discourage him, and run the Artificer 5” from the flag to be able to start scoring next turn.



Ben considers his options and opts to go in with the jacks on the left, whilst holding back out of my threat ranges on the right. He deals decent damage to some jacks whilst deliberately not destroying any to trigger my feat. He runs up a Mechanic to contest my zone and make it so I don’t automatically score next turn.



I build up Synergy with a couple of jacks and Vyros in the centre, before starting with the Concentrated Power jacks. I don’t roll particularly well but clear the three jacks with my final attack. A Whip-Snap on the Mechanic allows a Griffon on the right to charge up and destroy another Dervish. At 8 points for 7 it isn’t a great trade, but felt strong in the context of the turn. I completely forget to activate Imperatus to move him up aggressively, but at least hell be there later. I score two to take a 2-0 lead.



Ben kills off the Griffon that I had thrown up, and charges the Reckoner into the Griffon in the centre, destroying it. The rest of his heavies move up the table and jams with Choir. He scores his rectangular zone but can’t get a solo to the flag, so the score moves to 2-1 to me.



I have to start killing off the heavies, so I focus and Synergy up before getting to work. The Aspis in the centre charges the Reckoner, triggering Enliven. Ben moves the Reckoner further forward, knowing he can’t get out of my charge range and not wanting to give me the chance to Side-Step into the Crusader as well. The Griffons on the left leave the left Crusader on 2 boxes but no Cortex, Imperatus wrecks the Reckoner, and my luck comes in hard when the right Griffon charges and spikes some dice to kill the Crusader on the right. We both score our zones to move to 3-2 to me.



Amon is running out of Warjacks but the Indictor and the Dervish both take out a Griffon and the last Crusader does some damage to the left most light. The Covenant says “No Spells” in the centre, to make Empowering jacks very difficult. He contest my zone again and scores on his flag to bring the score back to 3-3.



I am running pretty low on clock at this point so my turn isn’t played as cleanly as it would be. The Griffons and Artificer clear up the left flag and activate Enliven on the Indictor, who moves back behind the building. Amon charges the Dervish so that Imperatus can kill it in one shot, and then Side-Step off it and the book over to the Indictor. Sadly the first attack misses and I have to settle with killing the Dervish and the book, scoring twice more without reply to move 5-3 up.



Amon gets to live the dream and Flashing Blade into 3 lights, killing them all. The Indictor puts a few boxes of damage into Imperatus. A Vassal contests my flag but can’t contest my zone or score, so I move to 6-3.



I destroy the 3 models controlling the 2 flags, and score both to win 9-3. For some reason I think I need all 3 to win, I put it down to being on 3 minutes left on clock.



VICTORY


A real grind of a game. Ben admits that he played his T2 wrong, as he wasn’t able to counterattack after I destroyed the 3 lights he threw forward. This allowed me to get 3 lights ahead, a lead that I protected until the end of the game. I move to 4-1, and am back into the big league. 2 more games to attempt to get my 5-2 target.

No comments:

Post a Comment