title

title

Monday 11 September 2017

Game 92: Vyros2 vs Vayl2

Game 92 – Vs Stian Engebretsen – Legion – 09/09/17

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Vayl, Consul of Everblight
-Naga Nightlurker
-Nephilim Bloodseer
-Typhon
-Seraph
-Angelius
Throne of Everblight
The Forsaken
Hellmouth
Hellmouth

The final game of day 1 of the Nationals saw me play Stian, who came over from Norway to play in the Nationals, bringing his Legion with him. He dropped Vayl, partly because playing an assassination caster in round 4 always feels like a good plan. I originally put Vyros into my pairing partly to counter Legion, and have never had a chance to try the match up. No time like the Nationals. Stian won first turn and we got moving.

In the last 6 months or so it turns out I have completely forgotten how to play against Hellmouths, so his forces running at me with them up in my grill was pretty intimidating. The Angelius pushed up hard, with the Throne and Typhon behind, followed by Vayl and the support.



I look at the table for a good few minutes trying to work out how to best approach this game, before deciding to just run into a clump in the middle of the table, with 2 jacks flanking on the right and Imperatus and Vyros behind the lights. I try and block Griffons in with each other to make it difficult to get the pulls in.



Stian looks at an early assassination angle, but the 6s needed for the Tentacles to hit don’t really come off and no path is cleared so he switches gears and goes for attrition. Angelius and Typhon do significant damage to Griffons, but don’t really take out any halberds or Cortexes. One Griffon does go down allowing Vyros to feat move further away. The puzzle is set for me to unlock.



My target this turn is to take out both of the main heavies, clear out the Tentacles as much as possible and keep Vyros safe from the inevitable assassination run next turn. The Griffons build up Synergy clearing out the chaff, before a Concentrated Power Griffon takes out the Angelius. Imperatus walks around the Throne to destroy Typhon and put some attacks into Vayl, the damage from which is transferred. As a last gasp, the right Griffon charges the Seraph and puts a chunk of damage into it. Vyros moves into cover behind the cover and camps hard. I score a point on my zone to lead 1-0.



Stian has to go for the assassination but the chances don’t feel great. She puts a couple of damage onto Vyros and reduces his Defence by 2. The Magister proves herself MVP again, this time by simply not dying. As a result the Throne has to go in with spells, and after 2 failed attacks the attempt is over and Stian concedes.



VICTORY


I possibly got slightly lucky here but I really don’t know Legion, Hellmouths or Vayl well enough to know for sure. Stian thought he had a good assassination angle turn 2 but I think the line of sight would be too difficult. Either way, I came through the battle of the oranges, moving to 3-1 for the day. I really need more Legion games.

No comments:

Post a Comment