title

title

Monday 4 September 2017

Game 79: Vyros2 vs Krueger2

Game 79 – Vs Paul Sheard – Circle Orboros – 26/08/17

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Krueger the Stormlord
-Megalith
-Woldwarden
-Woldwarden
-Woldwyrd
-WoldWyrd
-Woldwyrd
Swamp Gobber Chef
Blackclad Stoneshaper
Druids of Orboros
-Overseer
Shifting Stones

Paul is on a continued mission to find an answer for Vyros2 in Circle, and this version saw him trying a hard control caster into me, in the shape of Krueger 2 who, if inclined, could cast 6 Telekinesis a turn. Paul won the roll to go first and gets moving.

The Circle Beasts run, Krueger casts Telekinesis on himself and advances further up the table. His battle line doesn’t quite reach the zones, but isn’t far off.

Despite having Synergy up for free due to the theme benefit I make the decision to drop it here due to not being able to hide easily from the Woldwyrd’s. I can always activate Vyros first in a later turn to recast it. I run up, stay out of his Beast’s threat ranges, and prepare for his shenanigans next turn.



Between a load of Telekinesis, knock down spells from the Druids and Krueger’s feat my forces are left in a bit of a mess. In terms of damage the Woldwyrds shoot into me, killing the Artificer and getting some damage spread across my Warjacks.



Despite my forces being disrupted Paul has missed one avenue for me to get significant damage onto his forces. The Magister uses Whip Snap on a Wold Wyrd, advancing Imperatus up and turning him around, before Vyros recasts Synergy and Feats. Griffons kill off some Druids to build up Synergy before Imperatus charges into the Woldwyrds, killing the 2 that had advanced up. The Artificers on the left move into the zone to give me a 1-0 scenario lead.



Paul retaliates with his heavies but they aren’t able to get to Imperatus, so have to just kill off 3 of the Griffons. Imperatus is turned round again to minimise the damage he can do. My feat moves advance Griffons up into aggressive positions for next turn. 2 of my left Arcanists die to a Woldwyrd and Paul contests that zone to keep the score 1-0.



An unimpeded turn of Synergy attacks from Vyros is a pretty scary thing, and I do a good job of keeping my attrition lead. On the left the Griffons destroy the remaining Woldwyrd and put a lump of damage into the Warden, clearing the zone for the Arcanist over there to score again. In the centre Imperatus destroys Megalith and damages the other Warden, leaving it in a bad way after some additional damage from lights. I score to lead 2-0.



Paul puts some attacks into my jacks but it is clear that the game has gone and he concedes.

VICTORY


The Magister finally pays me back for sticking with her in the list. Without the Whip Snap play I wouldn’t have got nearly as much damage out early on, and would have had to play extremely cagily with Vyros on the bottom of 2 to avoid a potential Woldwyrd assassination. As it were I was able to get ahead early and then ride that out for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment