title

title

Monday 4 September 2017

Game 78: Ravyn vs Aiakos2

Game 78 – Vs Stephen Briggs – Cryx – 25/08/17

My list:
Ravyn, The Eternal Light (Defenders of Ios)
-Helios
-Helios
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Stormfall Archers
Stormfall Archers

His List:
Captain Aiakos (Infernal Machines)
-The Withershadow Combine
-Deathjack
-Deathripper
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Kharybdis
Bloat Thrall
Bloat Thrall
Hellslinger Phantom
Warwitch Siren
Warwitch Siren
Min Mechanithralls
-Brute Thrall
-Brute Thrall
-Brute Thrall

A second game against Stephen’s Cryx, and both of us trying one of our more “out there” lists. The forest in the middle of the table was always going to make life difficult with Ravyn but I needed to get games in to work out whether she was where I would land for my 3rd Nationals list. I won the first turn and got moving. Apologies for the lack of pictures in this one, not really sure what happened.

I run up with Snipe on the AFG, and cast Veil of Mists to make it feel like Ravyn’s spell list is worth anything more than Snipe.

Stephen runs up his forces, positioning most of it behind the central forest, and covered by as many of his 3 shield guards as possible.

I figure that if I can scalpel out and incapacitate Deathjack then he will quickly run out of things that can kill Colossals. Ravyn activates first, Feats, and kills the Hellslinger with a Blaster shot. She moves up her Veil of Mists to increase the forest wall in the centre. The left Helios moves up, and shoots Deathjack 3 times, the first 2 being Shield Guarded and the third pulling it out from behind the forest. The AFG and Stormfalls then open up on it, leaving it knocked down with no Cortex and only a handful of boxes. On the right the Helios advances to increase the size of my forest/cloud wall further.



Unfortunately in my turn I had left Ravyn within 17” of Kharibdyss with an upkept Assail, which meant that she was in danger of assassination. Aiakos advances up, Feats, casts Carnage and Scything Touch on a Stalker. The Stalker advances and leaps to Ravyn, dealing 3 damage with its attacks as well as removing both of my focus. Kharibdyss Tramples through the forest before buying the 2 attacks needed to kill my caster.

DEFEAT

Not an ideal game, but it did show up a real weakness in my Ravyn list, in that any medium to large piece of terrain centrally can scupper her game, especially if my opponent can take advantage of it such as by Trampling with a Pathfinder model. Back to the drawing board for my 3rd list I think, but I was certainly glad I had 

No comments:

Post a Comment