title

title

Thursday 24 August 2017

Game 71: Vyros2 vs Doomshaper3

Game 71 – Vs Dan Saunders – Trollbloods – 16/08/17

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Hoarluk Doomshaper, Dire Prophet
-Scroll Bearers
-Dire Troll Bomber
-Dozer & Smigg
-Troll Impaler
Fennblade Kithkar
Stone Scribe Chronicler
Troll Whelps
Max Trollkin Fennblades
-Officer & Drummer
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes
-Elder
-Trollkin Sorcerer
Dhunian Knot

Continuing my Nationals practice Dan wanted a game to try out his Trolls. Dan is a pretty new player at the club and is very much just running with what he has at the moment. I dropped Vyros into him to continue to get a feel for the revamped list. I won the roll to go first and got moving.

The Arcanists all gave a focus to the Griffons to allow them to activate Fleet and the rest of my forces ran up, with Vyros casting Deceleration to go with the Synergy already cast from the theme benefit.



Dan ran up his forces, casting Implacability to prevent his models from getting knocked down. He pressures hard on the left with his Fennblades, the Elder putting Hero’s Tragedy on them to punish me for attacking them.

Vyros starts the turn by moving up to the flag and shooting dead a couple of Fennblades, getting himself knocked down in the process. The Griffons on the left then advance up and attack the Fennblades to build up the Synergy chain, all ending the turn knocked down. On the right, 2 fully focussed and Concentrated Powered Griffons, charged the Bomber, and between 4 boosted damage attacks took the beast down. The Aspis moved to Shield Guard the knocked down Vyros.



Dan charges my mostly knocked down Griffons and does decent damage across them, killing the 2 that had taken out the Bomber. Dozer’s gun shot hit Vyros and did a massive chunk of damage to the Aspis who took the bullet for him. Feat moves allow me to move Imperatus round into an aggressive position and Doomshaper uses his own Feat to protect himself and his beasts. Dan scores the right zone and me my flag to make the score 1-1.



I work on killing off Dan’s infantry as they are not affected by the feat, and by the end I have killed off most of the stone unit and all of the Fennblade unit in the left zone (again being knocked down by Hero’s Tragedy). I move Vyros behind the building and choose not to bother attacking the beasts, instead just contesting the right zone. I score my flag and left to lead 3-1.



Dan backs off with his caster and presses forward with the rest of his troops, but cannot clear his zone. He takes another shot at Vyros but it is again Shield Guarded to a now very ill Aspis. He contests my flag but I score the left zone again for a 4-1 lead.



Only one model is contesting his flag so I only need to kill it and run an Arcanist over to win the game. Imperatus obliges and I score twice to win 6-1 on scenario.



VICTORY


Dan suffered from the common new-player disease of Support Bloat in this game. Between the stone, whelps, Dhunian Knot and solos he had an awful lot of models not designed for fighting, allowing me to push through to win. My biggest take away from this game is how the number of Empowers I have means that models being knocked down isn’t too much of a problem. I definitely prefer the list to the Manticore version and am happy to say this list is locked in for the Nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment