title

title

Thursday 27 July 2017

Game 62: Vyros2 vs Arkadius

Game 62 – Vs Adam Jones – Minions – 22/07/17

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Manticore
-Manticore
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Dr Arkadius (Thornfall Alliance)
-Road Hog
-Road Hog
-War Hog
-War Hog
-War Hog
-Gorax
-Gorax
Rorsh
-Brine
Gobber Chef

Round 2 saw me play Adam, who is continuing his journey through faction ADHD by playing Minions. He dropped Arkadius and I chose Vyros, not wanting Hyperion to have any business with his debuffs. I won first turn and got moving.

I run up my forces, with the Artificer heading straight or my friendly flag and the Magister running up the right flank to go after his. Griffon Squad take up position behind the forest to gain an advantage from it.



Arkadius advances up, putting Forced Evolution onto Brine and casting Hyper-Aggressive for his own battlegroup. He stays out of my threat, knowing that with his ranges he can out-threat me comfortably on the next turn.

In order to try and contain his threat ranges I push my army hard to the left, staying out of threat as best I can. On the right, one Manticore shoots at a Roady Hog, who moves forwards, and I charge it with the other Manticore, killing it. On the face of it this was a mistake by Adam, but had I failed to kill the beast I would have been in real danger of losing my caster, and he had a Critical Knockdown retaliatory strike which could have easily ended my attack. Thankfully I got away with it and gained an early heavy. Vyros feats to protect as many jacks as possible.



Adam’s feat turn. He starts the turn my almost fully killing the Manticore, leaving it on a handful of boxes, before feating to finish it off and moving the rest of his beasts up. Brine kills off a Griffon, the Gorax goes into another but fails to take out any systems, and the other Road Hog walks up to my second Manticore and kills it. I use my feat moves to either protect my Griffons, and latterly to move them into more offensive positions. Adam scores his rectangular zone and his flag, and I my own flag, and Adam leads 2-1.

I eye up a potential assassination but give up on the idea as I would need to Fleet and charge with the Griffon. Instead I look to kill his far up Road Hog and Gorax, clearing a route to put 2 Griffons onto Rorsch, removing him and his pig brother. With Synergy in place all of this works and as Imperats kills the Road Hog with his second attack (Vyros did some work first) he is able to Side-Step back out of any threat ranges. My Magister kills the Gobber Chef off his flag, taking it’s place and scoring. I also score my own flag, his rectangular zone and the central zone, taking a strong 5-2 lead.



Adam’s 2 War Hogs on the left each kill one of my Griffons, whilst Arkadius and his final War Hog move to his flag to keep his CPs ticking over. The Gorax moves into the centre to kill a couple of Arcanists an contest. Adam scores 2 points, and I score 1. I lead 6-4.



I need to score 3 points without reply to win the game, and with my flag and rectangular zone unprotected I only need to clear out the Gorax. The Griffon adds a point of Synergy, and Imperatus effortlessly kills the light beast. My arcanist unit run into the centre, Vyros to the right zone and an Arcanist contests his flag. I score the 3 points I need to win 9-4.



VICTORY


This is the first SR2017 game where I really felt the effects of the new scenario scoring. Being able to score 4 points early on gave me a great position and scoring 3 points in the late game is not ever going to be too difficult on this scenario. I think I played my feat turn and the forest well to not lose too much to his alpha strike, but even so I’m not sure I would have had enough left to take his last 3 heavies down. A great fun game and it is always nice to be in a 2-0 position at an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment