title

title

Friday 23 June 2017

Game 45: Rahn vs Axis

Game 45 – Vs Stuart Rickards – Convergence of Cyriss – 18/06/17

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Helios
-Discordia
-Phoenix
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
-Hydra
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Battle Mages

His List:
Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer (Destruction Initiative)
-Prime Axion
-Corollary
-Assimilator
-Inverter
-Mitigator
Transfinite Emergence Projector
Optifex Directive
Attunement Servitors
Accretion Servitors
Reflex Servitors
Reflex Servitors
Reflex Servitors

Having just missed out on the top8 event on day 2 I was put into the middle pod of 6 players, which included myself, another Retribution, Cygnar, Cryx, Skorne and Stuart playing Convergence. I have only played them once with my Ret and then when I was still learning the faction, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had brought Rahn and my Vyros1 list, and really wanted to test out the former, so dropped him in. Stuart picked Axis, and I won the first turn.

Turn 1 Rahn puts Polarity Shield on Helios, and charges up the table. Everything else runs up and the Arcanists power up the Marshalled Hydra ready for a later turn.



Stuart run all his stuff up, with Iron Aggression on the Prime Axiom, flooding the table with Servitors. 2 Heavies move round to the left of the building and the TEP sits to protect the right flank.

I don’t really fancy taking on the TEP any time soon, as I’ve seen and experienced what it can do, so I swing my forces pretty hard to the left. I throw the Hydra into the Prime Axiom with aid of a Telekinesis from Rahn, doing nearly half boxes, and Helios charges the heavies on the left, killing one and doing decent damage to the other. The Battle Mages get on Servitor killing duty, and kill 6 between them with spells or melee.



Axis feats and the Prime Axiom trivially kills the Hydra. The TEP sprays off 5 of the 6 Battle Mages and the second heavy on the left does around half boxes to Helios. A Servitor runs to the right flag to score but in order to feel safer from Rahn’s assassination Axis killboxes himself, making the score 2-1 to me.



With a surprise scenario lead I look to that as my win condition for the game. Helios and the Magister clear out the left flag to allow me to score there, and the Phoenix becomes the next model to be thrown into the Prime Axiom, however it rolls really poorly and does very little damage. My Battle Mage kills another Servitor and moves into range to contest the right flag. 3-1 to me.



Stuart continues to get ahead on the attrition game, killing the Phoenix, finishing off the Battle Mages and moving the light jack and 2 Servitors over to contest the flag. He scores the right to make it 3-2 to me.



Discordia is within TK and charge range of Stuart’s objective, so I see a way to finish the game this turn. Rahn feats to TK the Convergence light away and Discordia forwards, Helios and the Magister push away or kill the contesting Servitors, and Discordia charges and destroys the objective. I go to 5CP.



VICTORY


Despite winning this game I didn’t feel that I did very many Rahn things. TK is obviously a great spell but until the last turn I was only every using it as a threat extender. Polarity Shield is a great defensive spell on Helios and I do like the feel of the list. I want to try out the Arcanist unit with him but I can’t wait for more games to learn his toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment