title

title

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Game 31: Kaelyssa vs Vyros1

Game 31 – Vs Paul Sheard – Retribution of Scyrah – 17/05/17

My list:
Kaelyssa, The Night’s Whisper
-Helios
-Helios
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Vyre Electromancers
House Vyre Electromancers

His List:
Dawnlord Vyros
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir
Max Dawnguard Sentinels
-Dawnguard Sentinel Officer and Standard Bearer
Max Dawnguard Sentinels
-Dawnguard Sentinel Officer and Standard Bearer

My second game with my revamped Kaelyssa list was against Paul using a double Sentinel + Griffons Vyros1 list. Going into the matchup I definitely didn’t appreciate how difficult 22 Sentinels would be to shift and in hindsight definitely dropped the wrong list. Paul wins first turn and runs up, not casting Mobility as it would joust lead to the Griffons getting too far ahead, and putting Inviolable Resolve on one unit of Sentinels.

I decide to make Paul’s life difficult by putting down some AFG difficult terrain and feating. The Sentinels only have Pathfinder on the charge and so having them in terrain and unable to do so really effects their speed. The mistake I made this round though was killing one of each unit with the AFG, triggering Vengeance on both.



Not being able to charge due to my feat Paul instead opts to jam with a few Sentinels whilst holding the rest back. Both units Minifeat and it is a credit to Paul that I think he sacrifices exactly as many as he needs to. Enough that I can’t clear them off and then charge through to the juicier targets.



I am able to clear off the AFG with Electromancer shots and a charge from Kaelyssa, which fees the AFG to shoot slam shots into the Griffon formation, knocking 5 down and doing bits of damage into the Force Fields. The left Helios tramples up and kills a few Sentinels, whilst the right Helios aims for the Officer on the right, as taking him out will leave a lot of models out of command. Sadly after my trample I miss the first bought attack, and fail to do enough damage with the second, leaving him alive.



Between Vengeance moves, further Sentinel charges and the fully loaded and Feated Griffons the 2 Helioses are both removed. Paul’s dice were very good but not enough that would have changed the outcome of the game at all.

With nothing left and the AFG engages, I shake Paul’s hand.



DEFEAT


In hindsight I have no idea how I didn’t recognise how bad this matchup was. Paul played a very clean game with a very strong list and I had absolutely no answer. This game has made me want to try my own double Sentinel list so I will be painting my second unit up and getting a list together. My current thought is to play it with Helynna but could easily put them in a Kaelyssa list instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment