title

title

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Game 26: Helynna vs Harkevich

Game 26 – Vs Charlie Healy – Khador – 14/05/17

My list:
Helynna (Forges of War)
-Sylys
-Helios
-Helios
-Hyperion
Arcanist
Arcanist
Artificer

His List:
Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf (Jaws of the Wolf)
-Rager
-Juggernaut
-Juggernaut
-Marauder
-Marauder
-Marauder
-Marauder
Greylord Forgeseer
-Behemoth
Greylord Forgeseer
Widowmaker Marksman
Min Battle Mechanics
-Battle Mechanic Officer

Refreshed after a decent night’s sleep I was ready to go on day 2 of the Welsh Masters, still targeting 4-3 as my overall result. I found out over breakfast that I would be facing Charlie Healey’s Khador, a faction where I feel pretty confident dropping Helynna. He knew that this would be my decision and dropped his Marauder heavy Harkevich list. I won first turn and we got to it. I apologise for the quality of the photos in this game. The table was horrible to take photos on, especially for our orange and red armies.

I ran up turn 1 feeling confident against his low number of guns. Charlie runs back, screening his jacks with the mechanics. The Marksman takes a shot at Sylys but is shield guarded onto the Hyperion.

Charlie has positioned in such a way that I can chisel out the Juggernauts pretty easily, but will really have to work to get the Marauders. Luckily for me, there is a point on both the left and right where my Helios can contest the flags, drag in a Juggernaut each and be more than 10” away from the Marauders. The right Helios is aided by Hand of Destruction and easily kills the Juggernaut, while the left Helios concentrated on boosting the push shots, and as a result doesn’t kill the Juggernaut, but has it out of Harkevich’s control area. Hyperion clears off the Mechanics and kills the Marksman.



Charlie realises that he is going to slowly lose an attrition battle if the game goes on like this and so he forces the issue. Harkevich feats for +3 armour, casts Mobility and runs all the jacks into my face.



This turn is a simple one; kill Khador heavies. I counterfeat ready for him to strike back and start rolling. And rolling badly. The last first 2 colossals roll barely any damage on the jacks, but do take out some systems. The left Helios makes up for it by killing a Marauder and pushing another and the damaged Juggernaut out of Harkevich’s control. This leaves only 2 Marauders that can really attack next turn. I have to move away from the right flag to keep a reliable line, but even if he could get something there I felt I could grind the game out before he could get to 5CP.



Harkevich’s remaining jacks attempt to down Hyperion but only succeed in taking out one side, with some damage put on the left Helios from the pushed away jacks. The Rager moves up to become the next wave of attack.



The left Helios and Hyperion combine to destroy the remaining 4 jacks (all had some previous damage), whilst the right Helios tramples to the right flag and pushes back the Rager. I score to lead 1-0



Harkevich realises the game is up and runs forward on full camp. Helynna casts Hand of Destruction on him to make sure, and Hyperion puts him in the dirt.



VICTORY


This kind of Khador list really is the prey of the Pactfic Rim list. There really is no way out for him unless I make a mistake, and I played this game very cleanly, which was a relief after the mistakes of day 1. At 3-2 was in a good position to meet my goal and was ready for the last 2 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment