title

title

Monday 22 May 2017

Game 19: Helynna vs Buthcer3

Game 19 – Vs Chris Tapper – Khador – 12/05/17

My list:
Helynna (Forges of War)
-Sylys
-Helios
-Helios
-Hyperion
Arcanist
Arcanist
Artificer

His List:
Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed (Winterguard Kommand)
-War Argus
-War Argus
-War Dog
-Ruin
-Kodiak
-Juggernaut
-Marauder
Winterguard Gun Carriage
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
Max Winterguard Rifle Corps
-Winterguard Rocketeer
-Winterguard Rocketeer
-Winterguard Rocketeer
Winterguard Field Gun
Winterguard Mortar

The Welsh Masters weekend was finally upon us. I trevelled down on the Friday afternoon and, not fancying the smaller events taking place that evening, decided to get some practice games in for the main event starting on the Saturday morning. Going into the weekend my aim was to go 4-3, and with my results having improved over the latest games I thought that this was a manageable aim.

First practice game was part of a club vs club of my team Inverted, and the Warlords of Walsall. I played against Chris Tapper with his Khador. The pair was Butcher3 and Old Witch and I was pretty confident into either with Pacific Rim (at this point I am pretty confident into any Khador outside of Zerkova1). He dropped Butcher and we got started.

The scenario was Extraction and I won the roll to go first. Following his Advance Moves I ran up as standard, and he responded in kind. As often happens in my games against Khador I looked to see how many of the Khador heavies I could remove. Chris had left the Kodiac in a clous within charge range of the left Helios, so he charge up and wrecked that, pushing the Juggernaut out of Butcher’s control range with his gun as he did. On the right the Helios advanced and pulled in the Marauder, failing to kill it but removing its cortex and leaving it in a bad way. Helynna put Hand of Destruction on the Gun Carriage ready for next turn and feated, ready for the Butcher’s reprisal




With 3 heavies essentially out of the game so early on Butcher has to really try to force the game. The Gun Carriage and badly wounded Marauder both move into position to block off the butcher, and once the Winterguard have moved out of the way he charges into Helios, destroying it with the use of his feat, though using all his focus to do it.



The picture above shows what a compromised position this left Butcher in. Helynna put a Hand of Destruction on him and the remaining Helios walked up and punched him into the ground.



VICTORY

This really is one of those games that feels like a win from the very start. Khador jacks are so easy to drag in and kill with the Helioses, and their threat ranges are so predictable (outside of a few casters) that you can get points up early without any real danger. Chris knew he didn’t have much of a chance after my 2nd turn and so took the Helios down for a sense of satisfaction. A good start to the tournament weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment